Albany Workers’ Compensation Attorney

No one expects to be injured at work, which means there is no plan to deal with a mountain of medical bills with no income coming in to pay them. Unless you have some kind of disability insurance that you purchased before your injury, you do not have many choices at all. Your main choice is going to be to file a workers’ compensation claim against your employer’s workers’ comp insurance so that you can receive wage loss benefits, medical care, and possible vocational rehabilitation so that you can train for a new career field.

No matter what has happened, though, the Walz Law Firm is here to help you so that you don’t have to file your workers’ compensation claim on your own. No one should have to go through the process alone, especially while also dealing with a disabling injury.

Wage Loss Benefits

When you file for workers’ compensation, you are provided with several options regarding your wage loss replacement. The type of injury you have and how severe it is will determine how disabled you are. If you are temporarily disabled, then you may be able to receive Temporary Total Disability (TTD). If you are partially disabled, you may be able to work part-time for pay that is well below what you are earning. When that’s the case, you may be able to receive Temporary Partial Disability (TPD). For those that are permanently disabled, there is Permanent Total Disability (PTD). Permanent disability benefits are not utilized as much as the other two because it is usually determined that an injured worker can return to some kind of gainful employment that will accommodate their disability, even if it is one that will affect them for the rest of their life.

Medical Benefits

Another part of workers’ compensation is the medical benefits. You receive care that is determined necessary and reasonable by the insurance company. This means that certain treatment types could be turned down, but your Albany workers’ compensation lawyer can step in for you if necessary. You should not have to deal with these disputes by yourself. If you have private insurance, however, you may be able to submit the unpaid bill to your private insurance company. The choice is totally up to you.

If you make the choice to turn the bill over to your private insurance, you can then have the workers’ compensation insurer reimburse your health insurer and the co-pay that you had to pay in order to get that bill paid. It is good to consult with your lawyer any time you have to do this because you could be met with some unnecessary resistance.

Contact An Albany Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

You are most likely dealing with a lot of physical and emotional pain because of the work-related injury that you have suffered. All you did was go to work and expect to get paid for the work you put in. Instead, you were injured and now you are paying the consequences. Fortunately, workers’ compensation is there to help you financially and medically so that you can move forward with your life and the Walz Law Office can help you with that claim. To find out more about the help that is available to you, call (320) 251-5000 or call toll-free at (888) 253-3922 to schedule your free consultation.