Many individuals in St. Cloud have been injured on the job. Some have faced the process on their own, while others have sought the assistance of a workers’ comp attorney to help them streamline the claims process as much as possible.
When you hire the Walz Law Office to take care of your claim for you, you are making the claim petition process much simpler for you. If you have already been awarded compensation and you are having an issue with your claim, we can help find a resolution to that problem.
Help With Your Claim Petition
We are very familiar with the claim petition process and the issues that can come about during it. This is important information for us to have because it means we are able to quickly tackle problems that can come about during that process. The petition process includes:
- You will receive a response from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer
- You will give the insurer testimony that will be recorded by a court reporter and you will have your St. Cloud workers’ compensation attorney standing by your side
- The insurer will require you to have an examination by one of their doctors
- Six months after the claim petition is filed, a judge will conduct a settlement conference where you will be presented with the idea of settlement
- If there is no resolution during the settlement conference, it goes to pretrial
- You will then go to trial and this can take 10 to 12 months after the filing of the Claim Petition
- The decision is made and, if denied, you can appeal within 30 days
Any time you have to make an appearance, you are entitled to have your attorney with you. This is so you can make informed decisions regarding your situation.
Through the entire process, you will be given honest answers to your questions. You will also be given honest opinions so that you can make the right decisions when you are told you have choices in the matter. This is another reason why it is important to have an attorney working by your side – you don’t have to think by yourself, especially when matters can become very confusing. Unfortunately, there are times when they can become difficult and that means a lot of decisions need to be made to resolve any issues that come about. We can help you make these decisions.
Contact A St. Cloud Workers’ Compensation Attorney
If you have been injured on the job, you should not have to settle with your injuries. Something needs to be done and that is to submit a workers’ compensation claim so that you can focus on your recovery and less on your finances. This is where the Walz Law Office can help you. You will have a powerful advocate by your side to help you have your claim approved as soon as possible. Learn more by calling (320) 251-5000 or toll-free at (888) 253-3922 to schedule a free consultation.