It is important to move forward with your workers’ compensation claim because of the benefits that you receive. You should not have to deal with a work-related injury or illness without seeking out the monetary compensation and medical care that you deserve. When you can’t work, you don’t get an income. Workers’ compensation provides you with an income and the medical care you need.
Different Types Of Benefits
At the Walz Law Office, we believe in protecting your rights. We will let you know what your options are, such as:
- Temporary total disability – You are temporarily unable to work due to your injury or illness. You will recover 2/3 of your weekly wage.
- Temporary partial disability – When you are able to work fewer hours or a part-time job, but you are not earning what you earned before.
- Permanent partial disability – You have permanently lost function of a part of your body.
- Permanent total disability – You are completely disabled and will never be able to return to work.
- Vocational rehabilitation – You can be trained to work in a different field if your old job cannot be performed because of your disability.
- Medical benefits – The workers’ compensation insurer pays for reasonable medical care that is related to the injury at work.
It can be determined what kind of benefits you qualify for. Knowing the extent of your injury will enable your Waite Park workers’ compensation attorney to pursue the right kind of benefits so that the chance of denial is reduced. This also allows closes the gaps that your employer or the insurer could use to try and deny the accident was the result of work activities.
Protecting Your Rights
You also have a number of rights throughout the process. First of all, workers’ compensation pays 2/3 of your gross weekly income. If you work part-time, then you get 2/3 of the difference between your current wage and your old wage. Your attorney will ensure you get this.
You can also count on your attorney advocating for you if something happens that you don’t get all of your benefits like you are supposed to. Unfortunately, there are times when payments can stop prematurely or they can be less than they are supposed to. If that’s the case, you have the right to pursue the insurer to ensure they pay what they are supposed to pay you.
Contact A Waite Park Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Being injured at work is devastating. Not only does it hurt you, but it hurts your family as well. That is all the more reason to make sure you hire a qualified attorney to help you with your workers’ compensation claim. Because insurance companies try to do what they can to avoid paying for a claim, it is a must that you not have to face the process on your own. To learn more about how the Walz Law Office can help, call us at (320) 251-5000 or call toll-free at (888) 253-3922 to schedule a free consultation.